Chia seeds are the ultimate survival food for long-term storage
never heard of them..only the little clay things..u grow them on..i think thats what there called. Why chia seeds are the perfect storable survival food
1) Nutrition: Chia seeds are a very high source of omega-3s, which are linked to a wide variety of health benefits. They also contain magnesium, amino acids and a healthy assortment of minerals. They're almost like tiny vitamins.
2) Non-GMO: Chia seeds are completely non-GMO. Even better, the organic chia sold by the Natural News Store is certified USDA organic, meaning it has never been sprayed with pesticide or fungicide chemicals.
3) Multitude of uses: Chia seeds can be soaked in water and tea to make a hearty beverage, they can be sprinkled on salads and cereals, they can be blended into bread mixes and pancake mixes, and they can even be added to sauces, dressings and dips. Chia is one of the most versatile superfoods on the planet.
4) Affordability: Chia seeds are a fraction of the price of many other superfoods on an ounce-by-ounce basis. In terms of the nutrition they provide, they're one of the most affordable long-term storable superfoods yet discovered.
5) Shelf life: Chia seeds easily store for 2 - 4 years without refrigeration, and 4+ years if refrigerated. They only require a dry, cool location. Better yet, chia doesn't go rancid very quickly like flaxseed does. And if you grind chia into a chia meal, it still has a long shelf life (1 - 2 years), unlike flax meal which goes rancid in less than 90 days.
6) Allergens: Chia contains no gluten, no wheat, no corn and no soy. It is widely considered a "universal" food because nearly everyone can eat it, including family pets and farm animals.
7) Taste: Chia tastes WAY better than flaxseed! The taste is actually more "neutral" than anything else, meaning it goes extremely well with almost any recipe you can imagine: Smoothies, cereals, bake mixes, etc.
Click here to check out Organic Chia Seed at the Natural News Store.
Other astonishing benefits of chia Chia seeds have:
• 3 times the iron of Spinach - (I corrected spelling in original) • 5 times the calcium of milk • 2 times the potassium of bananas • 2 times the protein of any other seed or grain • 3 times the antioxidant potency of blueberries