Submitted by fyl on Sun, 2011/11/13 - 10:43.
This will become the page with all the numbers. It will be references from the other pages in this Entering/Leaving Nicaragua section.
- Nicaragua exit fee: $2 (there are other considerations if you are a Nicaraguan resident but not Nicaraguan national)
- Nicaraguan entry fee: $12 (This is for a tourist visa. Residents pay nothing.)
Specific Location/Type Fees
- Sandino Airport Tax: $32 at time of departure—This is a fee to cover the cost of the airport. It could be included in the price of your ticket. (I believe this is really $30 plus the $2 exit fee.)
- Costa Rica Airport Tax: $26 at time of departure—This always must be paid at the airport and, as I remember, only in US dollars.
- Sapoa Municipality Tax (at the Sapoa/Peñas Blancas border with Costa Rica, collected in both directions): $1
- A Nicaraguan national must obtain a visa to travel to Costa Rica. The visa can only be obtained at the Costa Rican consulate. It cannot be obtained at the border.
- A non-national Nicaraguan resident must obtain a visa to exit Nicaragua. There are options for from 30 to 180 days. These can be obtained at the airport (just as you are entering the secure area) or, in the case of the Peñas Blancas crossing, in a building about 50 meters behind the actually check-out location.
- The renewal fee for a Nicaraguan tourist visa is C$500 for each 30 days (up to 90 days). The fine for overstaying your visa is now C$50/day. (Thanks GranadaSherif):